Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is web hosting?
A web host is someone who makes it possible for everyone in the world to see your website. They give your website a home on their servers, making sure your site is connected to the internet 24/7. They ensure that when someone types your domain name into a web browser, they find your website.
2. What is a domain name?
A domain name is a unique name that identifies a website – for example, ours is www.rapidwebsites.com.au
3. I don’t know anything about the internet? Will you be able to explain what information I need to provide you with?
Yes! Many of our clients have little experience with the internet. We will make this process as simple as possible for you.
4. How long will it take to get my website up and running?
It depends on the size of your site, and also on the quality of the information you provide us with. In most cases we can have your site online within 14 business days.
5. Do you build websites to host with other companies?
No. The Rapid Website package is an all inclusive package including hosting. We only build websites for customers who are also hosting their websites with us.
6. Can I see real websites built using the Rapid Websites templates?
7. What will it cost if I need to make minor amendments to the website, such as pricing?
It will cost you nothing! Included in the Rapid Websites Package are six FREE minor amendments to your site each year, as long as you continue to host the site with The Web Factory. If your changes are more complex we will give you a written quote for the job before commencing work.
8. How do I know what sort of information I should include on my website?
9. Can I register any domain name I like?
No. In Australia, you must follow the rules for Australian Domain Name Registrations. You must be an Australian registered company, or business with a registered business number (ABN). The domain name you order should either be an exact match, acronym or abbreviation of your business name. International domain name registration is much more flexible – anyone can register any name.
10. Can I update the website myself?
Yes! Our websites are built using WordPress, one of the most popular Content Management Systems (CMS) on the market. You don’t require any technical skills to use WordPress – if you can send an e-mail or use Microsoft Word, you can update your own WordPress website. All you need is a browser such as Firefox, Safari or Internet Explorer.