Blogging for your business is much more important than ever before, and is a vital marketing tool. Writing about relevant topics that your target market actually want to read about, and providing rich content for your website should be on the top of your ‘To Do’ list! Did you know that information from HubSpot shows that companies that blog have 55% more website visitors!
If done well, business blogging can be a huge boost for your Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). The more posts you publish, the more pages you create for the search engines to index. The more information you’ve published, the higher the chance of a potential client finding your business online when searching for industry-specific products or services.
- Write a Catchy Headline – The most important element of your Blog post is the headline. If you don’t hook in the reader at first glance, they won’t follow on and read the article. Blog headlines that will get you more traffic >>
- Determine what your Target Audience wants to read about – Discover what information your target audience is looking for by undertaking formal keyword research, talking to those in your organisation who communicate with the customers, or using the site search feature on your website. Great blog post ideas >>
- Post Eye-Catching Images – You should use professional images that convey to your audience what the Blog post is about. It could be a photo or infographic. Where to find free stock photos >>
- Include a Call to Action (CTA) – What do you want the reader to do next? Make sure you include a CTA within the Blog post, at the beginning, middle or end of the article. If you’re promoting an offer, make sure you link directly to the relevant landing page. 8 types of CTA’s you should try on your Blog >>
- Make sure your Content is Shareable – There are loads of WordPress plugins that make sharing your online content easy. Contact us for a quote if your Blog needs a face lift >>
- Create a Content Calendar – A calendar will help you plan what you’re going to write about. Nobody likes sitting in front of the computer watching a blank page and the flashing cursor! Embrace the content calendar >>
- Promote your Post once you’ve Published – There are loads of simple ways for you to promote your post once you’ve written it. Bluewire Media have produced a great infographic with 20 great tips on how to promote your content after you hit publish >>